Thursday, April 26, 2012

4-26-12 Success despite the big fear

It's funny that today I am planning to write about replacing fear of doing something (anything) with Jesus' help and found myself frustrated with google as they had changed everything about my blog dashboard.  I am very technically handicapped and this change has thrown me for a loop.  I don't see the background I chose for the blog and don't know how to get it back--however, it may show up on the actual blog--I don't know.  So if you are opening this post up and wondering why it's different I will tell you that I am not happy with the presentation and hope to learn more and make it prettier.

Lord Jesus, I trust You to help me figure this out and present a word of confidence to my audience that You would be happy with.  Thank You!

Just this week I have been thinking about starting up a neighborhood ladies Bible study--a study of relationships.  But I found my mind thinking of why I shouldn't.  For most of my life I have had a problem area of the fear of rejection from people.  I learned from Joyce Meyer today that there are a few common fears:  fear of man (mine), fear of past mistakes, fear of the unknown, fear that God is angry with you or not pleased with you, fear of what you are-is not good enough and what you  doing is never good enough, and fear of being lonely.  Did you nod your head to any of these?  I know I have a fear rejection from people yet I seem to always be battling it.  Yes it is a battle.  I won the battles on some of the other fears but now it is time to put this fear down.

The Bible teaches about these battles.  1 Timothy 4:1 (AMP):  "But The [Holy] Spirit distinctly and expressly declares that in latter times some will turn away from the faith, giving attention to deluding and seducing spirits and doctrines that demons teach."  It is true that I have not totally turned away from my faith but I do given much attention to spirits who are seducing me away from working for God.  The thought of rejection is always in the back of my mind and may be more up front than I care to admit.  Even so, it is a battle, one that I do not want to fight.  The sight of that kind of battle looms large in my mind.  How do I get the courage to march foward?

The Bible teaches about marching forward, too.  2 Corinthians 12:9 (MSG):  "and He told me, My grace is enough; it's all you need.  My strength comes into its own in your weakness.  Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen.  I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift.  It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness."  Weaknesses can equal fears.  So, it looks like I need to stop focusing on my fear of rejection (and all things technical) and trust that Jesus is everything I need.  I like The Amplified Bible version of this verse but it is lengthy--bare with me.  (AMP):  "But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness.  Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weakness and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!"

I have come up with a new 21 Day Journal Note using these 2 versions of 2 Corinthians 12:9.  Here it is:

Jesus, You are telling me that Your grace (favor, loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for me.  You are enabling me to stand up and bear any trouble, danger, or fear.  Jesus, Your strength and power are fulfilled and show themselves in me when I allow You to take over my problem areas.  I will quit focusing on my problem areas and concentrate on Your strength and power.  I am feeling Your rest and peace.  Thank You Lord!

end of journal note.

I encourage you to join me in handwriting this note once a day for 21 days to rewire the brain from focusing on the fears.  It's time to focus on Jesus and what He does for us and how we can teach others to turn to Him for the same help.  You can exchange the words "problem areas" with an acutal problem written out.  Doing this will personalize the journal note and make it more effective for you.

Let's win this battle with Jesus--We can do it with His help.

Jesus' healing and peace to all, Wynndy

No comments: