Monday, November 28, 2011

Moving toward the next celebration

If you are like me you endured some traveling within the last 5-6 days.  My traveling was well worth the endure.  I enjoyed awesome relationship times with my Mom and Dad, siblings and their families, aunts and uncles and some cousins.  I just wish I had spent some time with all my cousins--but there are a lot of them and not enough time.  Thanksgiving morning I found myself in Momma's kitchen with my mom, my sister and my Aunt Janice.  We were baking Grandma Millie's 7 layer cake (which ended up being 10 layers) and had a great time reminicing over the techniques Grandma Millie used in making that cake.  Aunt Janice vowed to go home and make the same cake and take it to Regina's-which she did.  It was an awesome time creating more memories for us ladies to reflect back on.  Momma said this Thanksgiving felt more like Christmas and not a single piece of Christmas decoration was in sight.  It was all about relationship sharing.

What about you?  Did you connect positively with someone during this highlighted time?  Relationships don't come easy for some of us.  Fear of rejection, failure, loss (death), etc cause gaps to come between family and friends.  These events can occur in childhood and continue on into adulthood.  If you read the first paragraph with envy I want you to know that it is possible for you to experience the same connections.

If you feel depressed, lonely, overlooked, invisible--I encourage you to write down your feelings.  Follow your thoughts.  This exercise will lead you to the central fear that is causing your dissatisfaction.  Whoever or whatever caused your dissatisfaction can be forgiven.  And I challenge you to forgive this person or situation.  I don't intend for you to do this on your own--but with Holy Dad's help.  Let's visit 2 Timothy 1:7 (Wynndy's combined versions) "God did not give me a spirit of fear/timidity, But He has given me a Spirit of power, love and self-discipline/sound mind."  The truth is those fears of rejection, loss, failure, etc are not from God and He is replacing them with His power, love and self-discipline/sound mind.  These wonderful things are already inside of you--you just have to ask Holy Dad to activate them.  Now look at Philippians 2:13 (AMP) (Not in your own strength) for it is God who is all the while effectually at work in you (energizing and creating in you the power and desire), both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight."  I memorized this verse exchanging the your and you with my, me, etc.  I have enbedded it in my subconcious in a personal way and it is very effective.  I want to point out to you  that God is the One who energizes you and creates in you power and desire.  Sometimes we feel sluggish and uninspired.  It's ok to feel this way--but be sure to recognize this state of mind and then turn to Holy Dad for help.   What results in this type of activity is His satisfaction, good pleasure and delight.  You may be wishing you could have some of the satisfaction and delight.  Well you can.  Follow me to 2 Peter 1:3-4 (NCV).  I have exchanged the us, you, etc for me and I.  "Jesus has the power of God, by which He has given me everything I need to live and serve God.  I have these things because I know Him.  Jesus called me by His glory and goodness.  Through these He gave me the very great and precious promises.  With these gifts I can share in being like God, and the world will not ruin me with it's evil desires."  Did you notice all of the gifts and promises in these verses?  These are ours!!!  What a fabulous early Christimas present.  But did you notice the last sentence where it says "I can share in being like God"?  See, you can experience His satisfaction, good pleasure and delight.

But we're still facing those ugly fears that have cause disconnects in our relationships.  First of all get your relaitonship with Jesus and Holy Dad in order.  Ask Him to help you love Him with your total being and energies as He would want you to do.  Next, work on healing your relational injuries.  It's not totally your fault (or it may be) that you were injured but it is your responsibility (and thankfully possible) to heal these wounds.  The Holy Word heals you.  Try the next 21 day Journal note for a new way of relating.

                                                                     21 Day Journal Note # 20
                                                                        Fear of Intimacy

Psalm 27:10 (GWT)  Even if my father and mother abandon me, the Lord will take care of me.
Galatians 4:7 (MSG)  Doen't that privilege of intimate conversation with God make it plain that you are not a slave, but a child?  And if you are a child, you're also an heir, with complete access to the inheritance. 
Psalm 34:18 (NLT)  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those who are crushed in spirit.
1 Corinthians 7:3 (NLT)  The husband should not deprive his wife of sexual intimacy, which is her right as a married woman, nor should the wife deprive her husband.

Lord, I have a fear of intimacy!  Childhood circumstances and adulthood situations have prevented me from bonding with family and friends.  I recognize that the spirit of who I am has been crushed.  But Lord, Your hope wells up inside of me.  I am Your child, Your family.  You are my lifeline.  I haveYour love, power, strength already infused in me to help me conquer this fear.  I will from this day forward seek to satisfy my husband and he will satisfy me.  Thank you for healing my spirit and energizing my sexual life within my marriage.

end of journal note.

This journal note indicates that our relational injuries influence our current relationships (or lack of).  Try this one, handwriting it once a day x 21 days for a rewiring of your brain.  Once you have come to the place of forgiveness and feel like your are moving up and onward, just remember that you have been healed but the other one who has caused those injuries to you has not.  That's not to say that your healing won't bring about some amazing relationship resolves but beware that there are two sides to a relationship and you can only control your side of it.  Please ask Holy Dad to hold your hand as you approach the one who has wounded you.  Holiday times can be so stressful but I hope this one helps your face it and enjoy it.

Enjoy those turkey left-overs and rework those relationships.
Sisterly love to all, Wynndy

No comments: