Monday, September 26, 2011

More Faith Stretching

Happy Monday to all!  Dear friends, I hope you had a great weekend and are refreshed to live out another wonderful week that our Awesome God has given us.  We had a beautiful day of sunshine and warmer temperatures here in Boone, NC yesterday.  But Saturday night and on into Sunday morning was stormy, thunder and lightening.  So when the sun came out in time for church, I was happy!!  Keevin's aunt and uncle, Ida and Paul, drove over the mountain from Elizabethton, TN to worship with us.  It was so nice to spend the day with them.  I have realized here in our new town, without the net of friends and family back home, that connections are important.  Both those in presence, voice or computer are all appreciated and very fulfilling.

Keevin's job story unfolded right before our eyes during my last blog.  However, the story didn't end there.  Keevin showed up two days in a row for his new job with the asphalt company, however the workers were sent right back home.  Why? you ask.  Because it has to be above 60 degrees and not raining.  So the first day was very chilly and the second was raining.  Keevin and I felt very let down and discouraged but we went back to God and asked Him for a job.  Ida happened to call and check on us and I sadly told her the situation.  She lovingly talked to me and encouraged me.  But at the end of the conversation she said she would pray for us when she got off the phone.  Not long after that Keevin had the idea about calling his last boss from STS trucking company in Smyrna, TN and ask him about over-the-road jobs out of the Greenville, TN terminal, which is about 1 1/2 hours away from here.  Tim was happy to help him out and promised to have him home on the weekends (when we meet for church).  We were ecstatic!!  Keevin admitted to me that he hadn't thought of calling STS untill that day.  You know what I think?  I think it was God stretching our faith.  And I think God answered Ida's prayers.  God could have led Keevin to consider his previous employer at the beginning but what would we have learned about our faith and have you experience it with us?  Why do you think God doesn't reveal the big plan to us from the beginning?  I also believe that God deals with us the same way He designed us to think and grow.  Take my writing, for example.  I didn't start out sounding like this.  My style has evolved.  If you have ever decorated a room, you will remember that one thing led to another, none of it on paper when you first started out the project.  Doing life God's way is certainly not boring.  It is truly a winding path. 

Where are you on the faith path that God had designed for you?  Look down and see where your feet are planted and go from there.  God is with you and steering you in the right direction--it just may take on some twists and turns, but that's ok.  It means that your life is a colorful one.  

So what is today's journal note about?  This note gave me the freedom to speak up for myself.  The freedom I felt from this one also added the benefit of speaking up for myself in a loving way and not an angry or guilt-ridden way.  It also removed a barrier of the dread of doing it, the fear of it, and possible rejection.

                                                        21 Day Journal Note # 11
                                      Don't Keep Hurt Feelings Bottled Up Inside!

Matthew 18:15-16 (MSG)  If a fellow believer hurts you, go and tell him--work it out between the two of you.  If he listens, you've made a friend.  If he won't listen, take one or two others along so that the presence of witnesses will keep things honest, and try again.

When one of my friends hurts me I will go to her and tell her how I feel.  If she understands my feelings then our friendship is stronger.  If she doesn't understand then I have the option to take another friend or two along so that the presence of others will help us all to remain objective and hopefully salvage the relationship.  If the situation remains unresolved then it maybe time to step away from the friendship.

end of journal note.

Confidence elements that are founded by this journal note are:  peace, gentleness, and self-control.
Confidence busters that are deleted from my life:  fear of rejection, powerlessness, timidity, unhealed wound, unnecessary guilt, anxiety, anger, bitterness/resentement, dissatisfaction, frustration, being cowardly, unsettled and weak.

Friend, take 21 days to jot this one down once a day and discover the freedom I now have.  I warn you that when you discover your freedom it will not be a dramatic feeling.  You'll quietly notice that you are able to speak up unlike times past.  That's when you'll find yourself doing the happy dance (or wanting to).

Now on to other matters:  I have been mullilng over a new project idea and wondered if you could help.  I want to write a Life Directive (Bible Study) on self-identity (who am I?)  A tentative title is "Comfortable in My Own Skin".  What I want from you is to know what keeps you from feeling comfortable in your skin?  What stifles your life?  I want ideas from you to give me directions and topics of what to read about and research God's good word for.  I have lots of  ideas from my personal life but you may give this life directive move substance and value.  We are all in this life together and lots of us have similar situations and feelings, so please feel free to share with me and it will be in confidence.  Either comment on this blog or send me a note at WynndyWilson@yahoo.com.  Also, sign up for this life directive the same way-by responding to my email account or this blog and I will add you to the receiving list.  Thank you in advance for your input.

Friend, I wish you a great day and week.  You are what you think!!
Sisterly love to all, Wynndy

No comments: